Flourishing after 50
Empty nests, travel, grand-babies, hospice, work, retirement planning, health issues, losing a spouse, launching adult children, bucket list…life after 50 is unique in its blessings and challenges. Often, women this age feel scattered and can use encouragement to stay the course and finish the race well.
A group of women met over the summer to pray and brainstorm and asked the Lord for His ideas to unite and encourage women of our age group.
He answered us, and we are full of joy and expectation as we announce Flourishing after 50, a new ministry of Grand Parkway women designed to unite other seasoned ladies for the purpose of growth, encouragement and service.
To launch this new ministry we are hosting our first event, a Christmas Luncheon, on Saturday, December 3rd from 11am–1pm in the Fellowship Hall. The cost for this event is $10, and we’d love to have you join us for a time of spiritual refreshment and refocusing for the holidays!
What is Flourishing after 50?
– An opportunity to connect and grow with other women in the same stage of life
– Being an encouragement to one another to live lives of significance
– Sharing in each other’s struggles
– Keeping a focus on faith in difficult times
– Discovering our spiritual gifts and finding our place in the Body of Christ
– Looking to the future with hope and laughter
We have a lot to share with you in the near future and look forward to seeing you on December 3rd. You may register online or in the lobby beginning this Sunday, November 6.