Worship Through Word
Neil, our lead pastor, is leading us through a series called The Story.
You can listen to it here on our church podcast or watch it below.
2 Corinthians 5:11–15
1. WE MUST BELIEVE WHAT IS MOST TRUE ABOUT OURSELVES
- Non-Christian: no need to change
- Christian: no means for change
“Hospitality, therefore, means primarily the creation of a free space where the stranger can enter and become a friend instead of an enemy. Hospitality is not to change people, but to offer them space where change can take place.” -Henri Nouwen
2. WE MUST TURN FROM OUR FALSE-SELF TO OUR TRUE-SELF
- False self: the person you had to become in order to survive up to this point.
- True self: who you were created to be in Christ.
3. THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO SELF-HATRED BUT SELF-AWARENESS
- Philippians 2:1–11
Some questions to ask yourself from this passage...
- Are you participating with the Spirit?
- Is your ambition singular or plural?
- When in your presence do people feel more significant than you?
- Are you pursuing humility in the right way?