Job Title: Ministry Assistant
Job Category: Part-Time/Non-Exempt
Accountability: Assigned Ministry Pastors
Authority: Lay Volunteers
Security Sensitive: Yes
The role is both relational and organizational, with an expectation of communicating Christian hospitality. The assistant will be the primary support person for at least 3 pastors as they facilitate their ministries. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for administering the tasks and functions of the church office in coordination with the daily service practices of the ministerial staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs phone calls, appointments and guests who visit the office during office hours if the Ministry Coordinator is not available or out of the office. Screens all ministry staff’s phone calls.
- Timely completion of correspondences & response to calls and requests.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all office and church matters.
- Assists ministry staff in preparing for ministry events.
- Maintains and updates electronic church communications such as Church Community Builder (CCB).
- Assist with guest follow-up and connection by contacting guests, coordinating letter writing and maintaining queues.
- Prepare materials for Bible studies and complete attendance records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One year of clerical experience, including two to three years of administrative experience.
Equipment/Skills/Knowledge needed to perform job (i.e., vehicle, MAC, License, etc.)
- Understand and embrace the mission, values and DNA of GPBC.
- Highly Proficient in Apple/MAC, Pages, Numbers, Mail, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work unassisted
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Employee must sit, stand and walk.
- Employee must talk and listen via face-to-face contact and telephone.
- Employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Typical office and church environment.
- Regular hours will be 9am – 3pm Monday-Thursday.
- Local and regional travel as necessary.
- Work schedule may vary to respond to needs of the church.
Position subject to a background check.