Job Title: Children’s Pastor
Job Category: Part-time/Exempt
Accountability: Executive Pastor
Authority: Lay Volunteers
Security Sensitive: Yes
The effective Children’s Pastor coordinates educational, administrative, counseling and special events for children (kinder-4th grade) and their families.
- Provide support and counsel to both kids and adults in a way that speaks truth in love in order to positively affect in keeping with Biblical principles
- Lead the Children’s Ministry Team in creating, developing, implementing and maintaining an ongoing ministry for children kinder-4th grade that involves worship, discipleship, community and mission.
- Recruit, equip and support lay leaders for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry.
- Organize training and planning sessions for children’s leaders/workers.
- Utilize effective strategies for teacher recruitment.
- Develop annual ministry plans, including goals and objectives for the ministry, consistent with the annual plan and ministry goals and objectives of the church.
- Develop ministry events and activities schedule in coordination with other church ministries with leadership review and approval.
- Prepare, present for approval, and manage approved ministry budget.
- Submit promotional information in a timely manner so that proper promotion can be executed.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
- Supervises Administrative staff pertaining to Children’s ministry
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school Diploma; Bachelor degree in appropriate discipline required.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- The successful individual must have a proven track record of children’s leadership.
- Be committed to the pursuit of holiness and love through Christian living based on the principles found in the Bible.
- Be in complete agreement with the doctrinal position of the church and able to sign its statement of beliefs without reservation and embrace the mission, vision, values and DNA of the church.
Equipment/Skills/Knowledge needed to perform job:
- Proficiency in use of Apple, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, and e-mail; knowledge of computer operations/data processing systems.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interface with staff, members and guests.
- Working knowledge of internal organizational structure.
- Ability to solve complex problems using practical, analytical and intuitive judgment.
- Ability to analyze information and situations to identify potential problems.
- Understand church business practices including budgeting finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in use of Planning Center.
- Proficiency in use of Church Community Builder (CCB).
- Ability to use office equipment, i.e. copy machine.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Employee must sit, stand and walk.
- Employee must talk and listen via face-to-face contact and telephone.
- Employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions/Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual hours, etc.):
- Typical office and church ministry environment.
- Local and regional travel as necessary.
- Work schedule may vary to respond to needs of the ministry and church.