Job Title: Pastor of Student Ministries
Job Category: Full Time/Pastoral/Exempt
Accountability: Spiritual Formation Pastor and Executive Pastor
Authority: Student Ministry Staff and Lay Ministers
Security Sensitive: Yes
The Student Pastor is responsible for planning and leading the delivery of an effective and formative student ministry (grades 5-12).
- Develop strategic and annual ministry plans, including goals and objectives and appropriate measurements of achievement that support the mission and vision of the church.
- Deliberately and intentionally sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the unsaved.
- Plan, coordinate and lead weekly spiritual formation/discipleship events and accountability groups
(Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night and other times) for students in grades 5-12 in cooperation with the Spiritual Formation Pastor.
- Develop and manage policies and procedures to support effective ministry delivery and manage the student ministry within the policies and procedures of the church that is in alignment with the approved ministry plan to resource the delivery of the ministry. Presents the budget to ministry leadership for approval and subsequent approval by the and Elders. Wisely stewards the approved resources (fiscal and physical) to maximize student ministry impact.
- Developing adult lay leadership for the Student Ministry through recruitment and subsequent training.
- Plan, coordinate and lead fellowship acti vities for the students that will enhance group unity and be a means of outreach to students who are not involved in our student ministry.
- Provide pastoral care for students in an effort to walk with them through the difficult transitions of adolescence.
- Develop, lead and implement “lead teams” for major student ministry events
(summer camps, mission trips, ‘D’ Now Weekends, retreats, etc.).
- Work with parents of students to a promote a church and family integrated approach to the students Christian growth and discipleship.
- Perform pastoral responsibilities as part of the church pastoral staff.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Tithing the income earned from the church to the ministry budget of the church.
- Support the vision and mission statements of the church.
- Living by guidelines provided in the Grand Parkway Baptist Church Employee Policies Manual.
- Develop an annual budget for recommendation to the Financial Oversight Team based on needs of the student ministry; administer the approved budget according to policy.
- Models the mission and core values of the church
- An active maturing relationship with Jesus Christ through regular spiritual disciplines.
- Be in complete agreement with the statement of beliefs of the Grand Parkway Baptist Church and able to sign its statement without reservation.
- A calling to minister to students.
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years of ministry experience including impactful Student Ministry leadership.
- Masters Degree in Divinity or related ministry discipline from an accredited Seminary and 3-5 years of impactful Student Ministry leadership experience is preferred.
Equipment/Skills/Knowledge needed to perform Job:
- Understand and embrace the mission, values of Grand Parkway Baptist Church.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide pastoral counsel to students and parents.
- Ability to work with and influence others ti achieve ministry goals and objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to assess problems, identify appropriate actions and communicate solutions to students, parents and leadership.
- Ability to lead, manage and work along side students, parents and volunteers from diverse backgrounds in a team oriented environment.
- Proven administrative organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of internal organizational structure.
- Proficiency in use of Apple Numbers, Pages and e-mail; knowledge of computer operations/data processing systems (Training on Apple products/software as needed).
- Employee must sit, stand and walk.
- Employee must talk and listen via face-to-face contact and telephone.
- Employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Typical office and church environment.
- Valid Texas Drivers License.
- Local and regional travel is required.
- Work schedule: regular office hours with some evenings/weekends and extended ministry hours.
- Caution and sensitivity needs to be used when posting photographs and personal convictions on social media websites.