1. Reminds yourself of some things, v. 1-2
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.”
2. Define Christianity biblically, v. 2-3
A Christian is someone who’s life is characterized by three things…
a) worship by the Spirit of God
b) glory in Christ Jesus
c) put no confidence in the flesh
“For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.”
3. Let the Gospel change what you value, v. 4-11
- What do you need to remind yourself about today?
- Is there anything in your life that is losing its value because of the Gospel?
- Do you speak more life or death when you open your mouth?
- What questions do you have as a result of what you heard today?