1. Obedience is often disruptive
“Obedience is the thing, living in active response to the living God. The most important question we ask of this text is not, ‘What does this mean?’ but ‘What can I obey?’ A simple act of obedience will open up our lives to this text far more quickly than any number of Bible studies and dictionaries and concordances.”
-Eugene H. Peterson, Eat This Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading
2. God reveals
3. God sees His promises through the lens of Himself, v. 2
– Isaiah 40:25-28
– Jeremiah 32:26-27
– Psalm 50:1-15
Three promises God makes to Abraham…
- “I will make you a great nation”- see 11:30
- “I will bless you.”
- “I will make your name great”- see 11:4
4. God sees the nations through the lens of you, v. 3
– Galatians 3:7-9
1. When is the last time obedience to God disrupted your life?
2. What would it look like for God to bless you right now?
3. How would you describe the life of a seventy-five year old man who
simply did all that God asked of him?
4. Are you a blessing?
5. What will you think about later this week as a result of what you heard