1. Associates well with the Gospel
2. Understands the capacity of the Gospel
3. Trusts the content of the Gospel
How is it revealed…
a) from faith
Notice a few things from this passage…
- everybody in the world is accountable to God
- you can be justified in your sight but not in God’s sight
- our sin doesn’t cause God to give up on us, v. 22
- The Gospel invites you to have faith in what God has faith in
b) for faith
c) by faith
“Christians who are no longer sure that God loves and accepts them in Jesus, apart from their present spiritual achievements, are subconsciously radically insecure persons and such insecurity can easily hamper progress in Christian living.”
-Richard Lovelace, Dynamics of Spiritual Life
- Does the Gospel feel more foreign or familiar to you?
- Could you be described as eager to share the Gospel?
- Do you ever feel ashamed or embarrassed of anything about the Gospel?
- Do you have mutually encouraging relationships?
- What questions rise in you as a result of what you heard this morning?