1. Observation, v. 31-35
2. Interpretation, v. 36-45
- Silver………Medo-Persian Bronze……..Greece
- a) Each of these kingdoms has a successor
- b) Notice that as these metals decrease in value they increase in strength
- c) Jesus inaugurates the Kingdom
“Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.” –
“Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.” –
1) God mercifully communicates to those who don’t know him
“What then is this that is written: The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone? Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces (conversion), and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him (judgement).” –
2) Wisdom is not a lesson to be learned but a relationship to be enjoyed.
3) God knows the future
“Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and no one is like me. I declare the end from the beginning, and from long ago what is not yet done, saying: my plan will take place, and I will do all my will.” –Isaiah 46:9-10
4) all earthy authority is transient by nature.
5) Who you marry matters.
6) Because of the reality of the Kingdom, the Gospel is news not advice.
7) Being praised and promoted is not a sign of selling out.
- How does the fact that God knows the future shape how you think/feel about the future? About God?
- Can we contribute to the Kingdom of God getting bigger? If so, how?
- Are you empowered to be humble in your marriage?
- What area of your life do you most need to apply the truth that “the King has won?”
- What will you think about most walking away from this morning?