1. There is a consequence for sin, v. 14-19
Sin has three components:
a) theological- against God
b) relational- affects someone else
c) personal- affects us
serpent- cursed in his mode of movement, enmity with the seed of the women
woman- pain at childbirth, unhealthy desire to usurp husbands authority.
man- work will now be difficult, you will experience death
“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.”
2. There is provision for sin, v. 20-21
the protoevangelium…the first Gospel/good news.
Two things to see here…
1) Adam naming his wife is an act of faith
2) God providing skins was an act of grace
3. There is a way back, v. 22-24
1. Can you name things in your life these days?
2. How do you define “good” and how have you experienced it lately?
3. Are you more oriented around hating sin or loving forgiveness?
4. How often do you think about the spiritual nature of life?
5. Are you open to receiving from God?
6. Would you, or anyone that knows you, describe you as free?