1. The motivation for prayer, v. 1-2
2. The ingredients of prayer, v.3
- a) fasting
- b) sackcloth
- c) ashes
3. The starting place of prayer, v. 4
4. The nature of confession, v. 5-19
* Notice how it progresses…
a) this is what we’ve done, v. 5-6
b) this is what we deserve, v. 7-15
c) this is what I am asking you to do, v. 15-16
5. The motivation of God, v. 16-19
- What most often motivates you to pray: fear, need or understanding?
- Do you do anything outwardly to reveal to God what you are feeling on the inside?
- Is your awareness of your sin general or specific and are you aware of the difference this makes?
- Do your prayers demonstrate that you understand what God is capable of?
- How will this morning affect or inform your prayers?