Mark 9:38-41 – Jesus Restores John
- John blew it
- Jesus corrects
- Jesus reassures
Mark 9:42-49 – Insight To What Jesus Values
- Jesus values the marginalized with protective love
- Jesus values extreme obedience
- Jesus values life in His Kingdom
- I’m out – Jesus demands too much
- I love Jesus and want to live my life for Jesus – I will try harder
- Learn to live life with Jesus
Preaching Class: The Gospel Outline
Here is what the text says
Here is how we must live in light of the text
But we simply cannot do it
Ah – but there is One who did!
Now, through faith in him, you can begin to live as the text says.
- How has Jesus recently corrected and reassured you?
- Do you value/love marginalized people?
- Do your affections for Jesus move you towards extreme obedience?
- Based on your lifestyle would those closest to you say you are living your life WITHOUT, FOR, or WITH Jesus?
- Is there something you are seeking to do for Christ, instead of doing it with Christ?