1. God is big enough
2. God is good enough
3. Contract Relationship:
You adjust to me
4. You should still be excited to go on a date with your spouse
“It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which,if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare. All day long we are, in some degree helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all of our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations – these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit – immortal horrors or everlasting splendors.”― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory
5. Just because you feel it, doesn’t mean it should be said.
6. When you ask a girl out on a date be specific.
Date. Time. Place.
7. Let them get to know the REAL you. Be honest about who you really are.
8. Make a decision TOGETHER to deal with issues in your relationship before they get big.
Questions to think about:
- Do I believe that God can help me in my situation? Am I willing to allow God to come and help me in my situation?
- Do I still date my spouse? Am I still excited to go on a date with them?
- Singles: Is my dating life honoring Jesus?
- Are you a safe place for your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/friends? Are you committed to dealing with issues in your relationship?