1. Live such that there is weight on your words, v. 16 vv. 7-8
“Life is a matter of choices and every choice you make makes you.”-John C. Maxwell
2. Be respected by those who disagree with you, v. 14-16
3. Pray such that God wants to give you what is His, v. 17-23
v. 20 “to whom belong wisdom and might”
v. 23 “for you have given me wisdom and might”
Few things about prayer… from vv. 17-23
- Have people in your life who know how to pray
- When facing a mystery ask for mercy
- Follow prayer with praise
Daniel’s prayer reveals four things about God:
4. Take responsibility not credit, v. 24-26
v. 24- responsibility
v. 25- credit
5. Demonstrate a humility that knows what to do with glory, v. 26-30
- What is your theology of disagreement?
- What do your prayers reveal that you really believe about God?
- Do you really need God to actually answer your prayers or do you believe that if given enough time you would figure it out on your own?
- Is there one choice you could make today that would make you more consequential?
- What do you enjoy about God and what does He enjoy about you?
- What questions do you have from what you heard this morning?