a) Proportionality is the quality of corresponding in size or amount to something else.
b) The perfect tense in Greek is used to describe a completed action which produced results which are still in effect all the way up to the present.
How to become more loving…
1. Think about your sinfulness and your actual sin
2. Think about what you deserve for your sin
You did not wait for me to draw near to you,
But you clothed yourself in frail humanity.
You did not wait for me to cry out to you,
But you let me hear your voice calling me.
And I’m forever grateful, Lord, to you.
And I’m forever grateful for the Cross.
And I’m forever grateful to you,
That you came to seek and save the lost.
3. Live in a state of forgiveness
- Are you more comfortable around a very religious person or a big sinner? Do you know why?
- If you could not use words, what would you do to express your gratitude to God?
- Do you find it unsettling or comforting that God knows your thoughts?
- As a Christian, does forgiveness still have an effect on you?
- Have you ever had the experience of knowing that your sins, all of them, are forgiven?
- As you get older are you merely getting nicer or are you actually becoming a more loving person?