1 Peter 2:1-3
- Malice – ill will
- Deceit – conceal or misrepresent the truth
- Hypocrisy – claims that behavior does not demonstrate
- Envy – resentful of someone else’s good fortune
- Slander – a false statement to damage a reputation
- Grow-up – continual but never fully grown
- Tastes – a timeless action in the subject’s own interest
- Good – kind, loving, gracious
1. Must be born again
2. Consume the Word
3. Feast on Prayer
4. Be Full to Produce
“…Willpower requires the self-control to do something undesirable or to restrain an impulse. Craving is a powerful desire to satisfy a want or need.”-John Shima
Questions to Consider
- Are you hungry enough for Jesus to say “yes” to Him?
- Are you regularly reading the Bible? Why not?
- Are you regularly praying? Why not?
- What is keeping you from actively participating in a D-Group, Community Group, or Bible Study? Are these barriers worth being hungry for?
- How might you be full in such a way as to impact your world for God’s glory?