1. We were created for community.
2. Humanity is as sinful as the Bible says
“Sin is any failure to conform to the moral law of God in act, attitude, or nature.”-Wayne Grudem, Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine
Three things to notice:
- a) the bar is really low
- James 2.10
- b) defining sin has nothing to do with man, man’s opinions or man’s agreement
- c) sin is pervasive
- Romans 5.12
- d) sin is destructive by nature
Sin changes the answer to three questions:
- What is true?
- What is right?
- Who am I?
- 1 Timothy 1:15-16
- Romans 5:6-8
- Isaiah 53:4-6
What this establishes…
- A rich environment for evangelism
- There is good news (the Gospel) that I can believe in and live from
- Being defensive makes no sense whatsoever
- Jesus took everything I deserve. Therefore, I have nothing to fear and much to enjoy