1. Daniel’s is a life of participation, v. 1-3
2. Before God shows us anything He shows us Himself, v. 4-11
“We can never know who or what we are till we know at least something of what God is.”― A. W. Tower
“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?”-Jeremiah 32:27
3. Things on earth affect things in heaven, v. 12
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.”-Jeremiah 29:11-13
4. There is a spiritual dimension to life, v. 13
a) angels and demons exist
“Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”-Revelation 12:7-12
b) angels and demons engage each other in spiritual combat
c) certain angels and demons are given particular geographical and governmental assignments
d) our prayers affect the battles being fought
5. God reveals in order to strengthen, v. 19
Four things God wants Daniel to know…
- greatly loved
- fear not
- peace be with you
- be strong and of good courage
- How are you currently participating with what God is doing in the world?
- That things on earth affects things in heaven means what for how you live tomorrow?
- What is your heart set to these days?
- Do you ever think about the spiritual dimension of life?