1. To remind us that we have a Bible that is both integrated and authoritative
- Zechariah 9.9
2. Because Jesus has died to the need to be understood
- Mark 8.31-33
- Mark 9.30-32
- Mark 10.32-34
- Luke 19.41-42
3. Jesus knows that reconciliation is necessary
- 1 Peter 3.18
- 1 Timothy 2.5-6
Four simple questions…
- Why is there something rather than nothing?
- How did things get so bad?
- Is there any hope?
- How will it all end?
4. To demonstrate that God has a plan and His life was a part of it
- Luke 9.51
5. To give everyone hope
- If you knew you had one week to live what would you do and what would you stop doing?
- Do you ever feel as if your life is a part of God’s plan for the world?
- What is happening when you feel that way?
- When we need someone’s approval they have power over us. Having said that, who has power over you?
- Is your life more about getting God to bless your plan or getting you to believe His plan?