I have always been prone to make grand resolutions (any time of year) and then fall short very quickly…mainly because the resolutions were unrealistic to begin with. If you struggle with that same tendency, then maybe you’ll find these shaping questions refreshing and motivating as you begin your 2019.
10 Intentional Questions for 2019 via Donald Whitney (see the rest of his questions HERE)…
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?